Powder Coating, Hot Zinc Spray, Bead Blasting and more finishing options available on our UK made Weighing Scales
We offer a wide range of finishes on our UK made Valueweigh Weighing Scales and Dimensioning Products. Each one offers its own benefits and features. Our standard finishes are powder coating for our mild steel platform scales
and glass bead blasting for our stainless platform scales
but we are able to offer other finishes to meet custom requirements.
Tough and Robust - Powder Coated Mild Steel Weighing Scales
What is Powder Coating?
Powder coating is a vastly superior finish to wet paint. It is applied electrostatically as a dry powder and then cured under heat.
What are the benefits of Powder Coating?
1. No solvents and no VOC's released
2. Thicker coating than conventional liquid paint without running or sagging
3. Tougher and longer lasting
4. Maintains colour for longer
5. Fewer visual imperfections in the finish
6. Shorter curing time
7. Available in many custom colours
Hot Zinc Sprayed Mild Steel Weighing Scales
Hot Zinc Spray is a better alternative for weighing scales than galvanising as it removes the chance of heat distortion and the need for holes to be drilled in the scales to suspend them in the molten zinc.
What is Hot Zinc Spray?
Hot or Thermal Zinc Spraying is as an alternative to Hot Dip Galvanizing and is a process where molten zinc is applied with a handgun.This can be done with a an electric arc spray process or a flame spray process.
Drops of metal are sprayed from the handgun and flatten when they impact the scale surface. The coating builds up layer by layer as these droplets solidify. A popular market for our Hot Zinc Sprayed Weighing Solutions is the animal weighing and agricultural industry.
What are the benefits of Hot Zinc Spray?
1. High-performance anti-corrosive protection system
2. No heat distortion
3. No holes required for suspending in zinc bath
4. Long-term durability
5. Thicker coat than galvanising
6. No limit to size (galvanising requires submersion in a bath)
7. Electric Arc application can access hard to reach areas
8. Allows for a superior final coat finish
Professional Glass Bead Blast Finish on Stainless Weighing Scales
Glass bead blast is the standard finish on our Valueweigh stainless platform scales
. This is a hygienic and sanitary option and looks great too.
What is Glass Bead Blasting?
Bead blasting removes surface imperfections on the weighing scale by firing fine glass beads at the surface under high pressure.
The glass beads shatter on impact and remove the surface of the steel removing imperfections, mildew, stains and other marks.
What are the benefits of Glass Bead Blasting?
1. No damage to the underlying surface
2. Surface remains hardened after blasting
3. Uniform professional finish
4. Safe - lead-free, environmentally friendly, and limited dust
Electro-Polished Weighing Scales for High Hygiene Areas
We offer electro-polishing for high hygiene areas on our Stainless Steel Weighing Platforms.
What is Electropolishing?
Electropolishing is an electrochemical process that removes material from a metallic, reducing the surface roughness by levelling micro-peaks and valleys and improving the surface finish.
What are the benefits of Electropolishing?
1. Levels micro-peaks and valleys for a hygienic bug trap free surface
2. Provides a professional clean looking finish
3. Does not mechanically deform surface layers like mechanical polishing does