1. Why choose AWM Limited? AWM Limited is a highly respected family owned company that has been supplying quality and affordable weighing solutions since 1979. Working with us, you will find we genuinely care about our customers and partners and always aim to offer the best before and after sales experience possible. We consistently receive praise from our distributors for the dedication, friendliness and integrity of our knowledgeable and experienced team who offer the highest level of customer service and support.
2. What makes AWM Limited's products stand out from the competition? We believe in providing quality that lasts and where others have moved their manufacturing abroad we pride ourselves on still manufacturing the VW range of platform scales here in the UK, as we have done since 1989. The quality and reliability of the VW platform range is the result of over 25 years of design and manufacturing experience and we still control the complete process from initial enquiry through to the design, fabrication and final weight testing. Our products are built to last, we use high quality components and will not compromise on material and build quality. All of our loadcells are OIML approved and all platforms can be Class III verified for trade use as required. Our ISO registration ensures that all of our platforms and weighing systems are manufactured to strict quality standards and are fully QA tested and calibrated with certified test weights by our highly trained engineers before despatch. As well as our VW range of platform scales we supply the excellent Cardinal Detecto range of weight indicators from the USA and our in-house programmers offer complete software solutions using the Cardinal 825 Spectrum indicator. With the flexibility of our software and our custom built platforms, we pride ourselves on being able to meet almost any project requirement.
3. What product ranges does AWM Limited offer? AWM Limited follows a strict policy to only supply innovative products from established manufacturers that will be available and fully supported for years to come. As well as manufacturing and supplying our own VW range, we are the exclusive UK distributors for Cardinal Detecto Scale (one of the largest independent weighing machine manufacturers in the USA), UK distributors for Baykon (a leading weighing and process control solutions company from Istanbul, Turkey) and exclusive UK distributors for Vetta Macchi (a premium quality manufacturer of mechanical scales from Italy).
4. What before and after sales support is available? Our team is one of the friendliest and most knowledgeable in the industry and will genuinely care about your requirements no matter how big or small. We consistently receive praise for our dedication to providing friendly, honest and informed before and after sales and service support. Our technical staff are highly experienced and knowledgeable in all aspects of the weighing industry and are ready to provide support and advice on any of our products.
5. Can my company become a distributor for AWM Limited? Yes, we welcome all product enquires and distributor applications. We have a close relationship with all of our distributors and look forward to working with you to help market and promote our product ranges in your area. Please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +44 (0)1284 701222.
6. What is the difference between VW, VWXtra, Baykon, Cardinal and Detecto? The VW range of platform scales is manufactured by AWM Limited here in the UK. The VW range also incorporates our axle weigh pads which have been at the forefront of axle weighing for over 10 years. Many VW platforms are built to order and manufactured to meet custom specifications as required (i.e. high capacity or specific dimensions). For quick turnarounds on the most popular sizes and capacities we stock the pre-built VWXtra products which can be supplied off the shelf.
Cardinal Detecto Scale is based in Webb City, Missouri, USA and is an ISO registered company that designs and manufactures industrial weighing equipment, under the name Cardinal Scale, and medical scales under the name Detecto Scale. Cardinal Scale, established in 1950, is one of the USA's largest independent weighing machine companies. Baykon are an established and well respected manufacturer of weighing and process control solutions based in Istanbul, Turkey.
7. Can AWM Limited offer Certified Calibration and Class III Verification for trade use? Yes, all platforms purchased with a Cardinal indicator are calibrated free of charge prior to despatch and can be issued with a Calibration Certificate as required. As well as our UKWF and ISO certified calibration procedure, our ISO registration includes our quality system approval for Self Verification, allowing us to verify platform scales for trade use here at our factory. We were one of the first independent companies to obtain Self Verification. All VW platforms use OIML approved loadcells and are designed for Class III approval.
8. What is the warranty period for AWM Limited's products? Our ISO 9001:2008 registration ensures that all of our platforms are manufactured to strict quality standards and are fully QA tested and calibrated by our highly trained engineers. We stand by the quality and reliability of all of our products and offer a 2 year back to base warranty on all VW platforms and 12 month back to base warranty on all other products (subject to our terms and conditions). Please note the customer is responsible for returning goods to us for inspection.
9. What are AWM Limited's Terms and Conditions? Our Terms and Conditions of Sale apply to all orders and are available to download from www.awmltd.com. Alternatively, call us on +44 (0)1284 701222 or email email@example.com for a hard copy or to be sent the Terms and Conditions via email.
10. What is the standard delivery schedule? We will almost always have VW, Cardinal and Baykon products and all spare parts ready to ship on a next day service. We aim to ship all goods as soon as possible following receipt of order. We will confirm the date and method of despatch on an order confirmation which will be emailed within 24 hours of your order being placed. As some items require Class III verification and some are built to order, the date on the confirmation will be an estimated delivery schedule which we will do our very best to keep. On rare occasions the actual date may vary slightly from this estimate but if it does we will always keep you informed. We work hard to provide the earliest delivery possible and as standard, for items not requiring verification or manufacture, dependant on stock levels, we despatch same day for orders received before 12pm, or next day for orders received after this time. Our couriers are Team-C who are part of the APC group. On despatch of your order, you will receive an email with a unique tracking number so you can track your shipment on the Team-C website.
11. What are the standard shipping costs? Next day delivery for standard parcels below 20kg is £13.95 before 4pm, £25 before 12pm, £30 before 10am and £40 before 9am. Shipping costs for pallets and other oversized items are priced at the time of order so that we can search for the most competitive deals available at that time.