Warranty Information and Returns Proceedure
Upon discovery of equipment malfunction, please contact our Service Team on +44 (0)1284 701222 or email email@example.com. The technician will attempt to isolate the problem and if they are unable to resolve the issue, or a warranty claim is made, the following procedure should be followed.
- Call or e-mail AWM Limited and request a Return Authorisation (RA) Number. (Tel: +44 (0)1284 701222 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Customer must provide the Serial Number of the weighing scale from the Serial Plate at the time of the request for an RA.
- Product must be packaged for return, either in original packaging or in packaging that will prevent damage in transit
- RA number must be written on the outside of the packaging or the shipping label must be attached as provided on confirmation paperwork from the AWM office.
- A minimum 25% restock fee applies to any item returned for any reason other than manufacturing defect.
- Manufacturing defect is determined at the time the product is received by AWM Limited and evaluated by QA.
- AWM Limited is the sole judge of what constitutes a manufacturing defect.
- AWM Limited warrants the VW Mild Steel and Stainless Steel Weighing Scales against defects in material and workmanship under fair wear and tear for a period of two (2) years from shipment to the customer. AWM will be the sole judge of what constitutes a defect.
- Baykon warrants the Baykon Weight Indicators, Remote Displays, Weight Controllers and Transmitters, LUDI, MODI and WeighUP Platform Scales, Bench Scales and Junction Boxes against defects in material and workmanship under fair wear and tear for a period of one (1) year from shipment to the customer. AWM will be the sole judge of what constitutes a defect.
- Cardinal warrants the Cardinal Weight Indicators and Remote Displays against defects in material and workmanship under fair wear and tear for a period of one (1) year from shipment to the customer. AWM will be the sole judge of what constitutes a defect.
1) Warranty applies only to the original purchaser only
2) Warranty is back to base only (AWM Limited, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP32 7HX, UK) with the customer responsible for carriage both ways. Any travel and on-site labour is chargeable at our standard rates.
3) The warranty does not apply to equipment that has been tampered with, defaced, damaged, or had repairs or modifications not authorised by AWM Limited or has had the serial number altered, defaced or removed.
4) This warranty is not applicable to equipment that has not been installed or grounded in accordance with AWM Limited's recommendations.
5) The equipment must be installed and continuously maintained by AWM Limited or an authorised AWM distributor.
6) This warranty does not apply to equipment damaged in transit. Claims for such damage must be made with the responsible freight carrier in accordance with freight carrier regulations.
7) Warranty term begins with date of shipment from AWM Limited.
8) This warranty does not include replacement of consumable or expendable parts.
9) The warranty does not apply to any platform scale or item that has been damaged due to unusual wear, abuse, improper power/line voltage, overloading, point loading, theft, fire, water, prolonged storage or exposure while in purchaser's possession or acts of God unless otherwise stated herein.
10) This warranty does not apply to peripheral equipment not manufactured by AWM Limited. This equipment will normally be covered by the equipment manufacturer's own warranty. Details of Baykon and Cardinal warranty conditions and periods are outlined above.
11) This warranty sets forth the extent of our liability for breach of any warranty or deficiency in connection with the sale or use of our product. AWM Limited will not be liable for consequential damages of any nature, including but not limited to loss of profit, delays or expenses, whether based on tort or contract. AWM Limited reserves the right to incorporate improvements in material and design without notice and is not obligated to incorporate said improvements in equipment previously manufactured.
12) This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties expressed or implied including any warranty that extends beyond the description of the product including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
13) This warranty covers only those products installed in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland unless specifically outlined to the contrary for individual international orders in writing by AWM Limited's Managing Director or Office Manager.
14) This warranty does not cover paint coatings due to the variety of environmental conditions.
15) Do not cut load cell cables on load cells returned for credit or warranty replacement. Cutting the cable will void the warranty.